Facebook Postback URL
The Facebook Postback URL also known as the Facebook Conversion API allows marketers to send conversions directly from their server to Facebook servers.
The AnyTrack Facebook Conversion API integration allows marketers to track, and send any conversion data to Facebook. This integration uses both the Facebook Pixel data, and the Facebook Conversion API to guarantee maximum attribution, and bypass any types of ad blockers, or tracking preventions blocking cookies, or client based pixels.
"The Facebook pixel is an analytics tool that allows you to measure the effectiveness of your advertising by understanding the actions people take on your website." Once you've set up the Facebook pixel, the pixel will fire when someone takes an action on your website. Examples of actions include adding an item to their shopping cart or making a purchase. The pixel receives these actions, or events, which you can view on your Facebook pixel page in Events Manager. From there, you'll be able to see the actions that your customers take. You'll also have options to reach those customers again through future Facebook ads."
In other words, the Facebook Pixel is the backbone that collects attributes and tracks data on your site and ties it to Facebook users.
- Track events - conversions, sales, form submissions and more.
- Attribute events and conversions to your Facebook Ads
- Build custom audiences according to business rules, so that you can target and retarget users accordingly.
- Build lookalike audiences so you can run campaigns targeting facebook users that "look like" your custom audiences.
Since Facebook has a user centric conversion and attribution approach, they use a feature called the "advanced matching" which uses a variety of data signals to attribute conversions to users and build audiences.
Note: You may be unable to use Automatic Advanced Matching if your pixel is set up in an iframe, if you're using an IMG pixel.
The Conversions API allows advertisers to send web events from their servers directly to Facebook. Server events are linked to a pixel and are processed like browser pixel events. This means that server events are used in measurement, reporting, and optimization in the same way as browser pixel events. Learn more on Facebook Help Site.
- 2.A Facebook business account, with administrator permission.
- 3.A Facebook Pixel on your site.
- 1.As soon as the AnyTrack TAG is on your site, it will start recording traffic data, as well as the data signals sent by Facebook.
- 2.AnyTrack will AutoTrack on-site events - outbound clicks & form submissions - to your Facebook Pixel (Browser - Client-side)
- 3.AnyTrack will send tracked conversions from third party systems (such as affiliate networks, API, CRM or eCommerce) through the Facebook Conversion API.
- 4.Conversions attributed to Facebook Ad clicks, will be attributed to your ads within facebook ad manager.
- 5.Conversions not attributed to Facebook Ad Clicks (if they originated from organic traffic or other traffic sources) will be sent to the Facebook Conversion API so you can use them to create custom audiences.
By using the URL tracking template, you automatically pass standard
utmparameters to your campaign URL. These parameters will be captured by Google Analytics and can then be used to build custom audiences for cross platform advertising. (ex: build audience created through Facebook campaigns, and retarget them across Google Ads.)
Tracking pixels configurations
Step 2: Click on Facebook
- 1.Navigate to the Pixel Tracking menu and click on the Facebook Card
- 2.Add your pixel ID or Browse to select your facebook pixelYou will be prompted to login to facebook which will grant access to your facebook business manager.
- 3.Once you've selected the pixel, you'll be redirected to the facebook pixel settings
- 4.Enable the data connection to sync your campaign metrics and AnyTrack
- 5.Enable the Conversion API
- 6.Modify the conversion event mapping if needed
Conversion event mapping
We've mapped AnyTrack events with Facebook Standard events so you don't have to create custom conversions and / or you can continue running campaigns with the same conversions goals.
AnyTrack doesn't interfere with the way you run campaigns on Facebook, instead it enriches your Facebook Pixel with additional data that you can use to improve attribution, audience building and campaigns ROAS.
- 1.You must have a Facebook Business Manager to get access to the Facebook Conversion API
- 2.You must have an active Facebook Pixel and Facebook Ad account.
- 3.You must have full permission on the pixel and ad account in order to update your settings within your Business Manager.
From Facebook Developer DocumentationAs an enhancement to our existing advanced matching, we've released an automatic version of advanced matching for the Facebook pixel. This version is designed to help advertisers easily leverage their customer data to track more conversions and build larger remarketing audiences.
When you enable this feature you will notice that most of the parameters relate to personal data Facebook can automatically track from your website. AnyTrack does not track any of this information, and this is done exclusively by Facebook Pixel. AnyTrack uses other signals sent by Facebook and/ or triggered by the Facebook Pixel to match Facebook users with subsequent events and conversions.
- 1.Open your Facebook Pixel Settings
- 2.Scroll down to the advanced matching section > Automatic Advanced Matching
- 3.If it's OFF, then turn it ON
- 4.Click on Show Options
- 5.Toggle all options, including the
Automatic Advanced Matching
- 1.Add the URL Tracking template to your ads which will enable you to capture and send utm parameters to all your pixels.
- 1.In AnyTrack > Facebook Pixel -
- 1.Open the Ads integration tab
- 2.Copy the tracking template
- 2.In Facebook > Ads manager > ads (see illustration below)👉
- 1.Select All Ads
- 2.Edit > Tracking
- 3.Select all ads
- 4.Paste the tracking template
- 2.Select the appropriate conversion event for each of your campaign (TOF, MOF, BOF) so you can optimize according to each conversion.
- 3.Build audiences using your conversion event data.
Voila! From now on, conversions originating from any affiliate networks, api, ecommerce or CRM will be sent via the Facebook Conversion API, in real-time and with rich data.
Custom conversions are not displayed by default in the Ad Manager. You need to modify the columns of your report in order to display them.
Yes, as long as your affiliate tracking software is not identified as a link cloaker such as Voluum or Redtrack.
Custom conversions are conversions that you define, according to specific event parameters. For example, you can create a custom conversion for all purchase events that have a value of more than $10.
Standard conversions are predefined conversion events set by Facebook - Purchase, Lead, CompleteRegistration - When you use the standard events names, Facebook automatically interpret them as conversions.
This happens when the pixel hasn't been added as an asset in the business manager.or when the pixel is not assigned to you. You need to update the permissions under the business manager.
This can also happen when you don't have a business manager. The Facebook conversion API is only available under the Facebook Business Manager.
No. Because AnyTrack provides a fully redirecless tracking method, at no point can the AnyTrack tag be "seen" as a link cloaker. There are countless reasons that can trigger an account ban or ads being disapproved, and they usually relate to content or the offers you are promoting.
No. You just need to add the Facebook Pixel to your site and AnyTrack will AutoTrack the events as they happen on your site.
Yes. However, if for some reason we can't detect your pixel when your site loads, we will load it automatically.
- 1.This feature is available on the personal and advanced plan.
- 2.You must enable server-side tracking from the Facebook Integration page (in anytrack dashboard).
- 3.Conversions can take up to 30 minutes to show up on Facebook
AnyTrack will send all conversions to your facebook pixel and conversion api, even the conversions that are not attributed to your Facebook Ads. Only conversions attributed to Facebook Ads campaigns will show in the Facebook Ads manager.
This can happen if your user doesn't have the permission to see financial data.
Open your business manager and update your permissions.
Yes. Yes, AnyTrack handles the deduplication natively. However, since AnyTrack sends facebook standard events, and your pixel might already be configured for some standard events, you might get some warnings in your Facebook Event Manager saying that some events are not deduplicated.
It happens if you already have a Facebook pixel on your site and you are currently tracking some standard events that AnyTrack is also tracking. If this happen, we recommend to remove the Pixel from your site and let AnyTrack handle the entire conversion tracking flow.
Yes, you need to verify the domain where your Facebook Pixel is set. However you don't need to verify the domain where the conversion takes place. For example, you if you promote an affiliate offer, the offer thank you page, or affiliate network domain doesn't need to be verified since the conversion will be tracked by AnyTrack and then sent to the Facebook Conversion API.