Comment on page
Custom Affiliate Network Integration
How to integrate a custom affiliate network in AnyTrack.
Adding a custom affiliate network in AnyTrack is a straight forward process, that will take you a couple of minutes to complete.
There are a few requirements before you can get started and we outline them in this article.
You will need the following information in order to successfully complete the integration.
- 1.Click Tracking query string: What is the query string to pass to the affiliate link? For example: hasoffers click tracking query string is
- 2.Postback Tracking parameters: What are the placeholders that should be added to the AnyTrack postback URL? Following the
hasoffersexample, if the click tracking query string was
aff_sub, then the postback tracking parameter will be
- 1.Open the catalog and search for "custom"
- 2.Name the affiliate network
- 3.Add the affiliate network's login page (optional)
Because not all affiliate networks send a conversion type parameter in the postback, we apply a conversion logic based on the values sent in the conversion.
- 1.A conversions recorded with 0 commission value will trigger a "lead" conversion event.
- 2.Conversions recorded with a commission > 0 will trigger a "sale" conversion.
If you wish to use a different logic or use specific conversion names, follow these guidelines:
Conversion type parameter
&conversion_type=leadto the postback URL
- 2.The conversion types supported are*:
acquisition, sale, lead
*Conversion Types are case sensitive.
Postback URL end-point
When adding it to your network, just add the
conversion_typequery string and the name of the conversion.
In order for AnyTrack to track your affiliate links, you will need to update your affiliate links with the correct query string and one of the AnyTrack
There are two methods to update the links:
1. When you publish the offer links "as is" on your site ":
then you will update the link with the query string and
2. When you publish your offer links behind a redirect URL, add the query string and placeholder as follow:
In both cases, AnyTrack will AutoTag the link with the
To troubleshoot conversion tracking errors, you have several options to zero-in the root causes of these problems.
- 1.The Debugger: This feature allow you to view the data received by AnyTrack. Try to identify the parameters that should carry the
click_idso you can see whether the placeholder is being sent properly.
- 1.If the
click_idplaceholder is empty or not carrying a value such as
dz6XK57oLuGtdasd97f8a987df9it means that the
aff_subquery wasn't set on the link.
- 2.If the debugger is empty - it means that the network is not firing the postback url. Verify with the affiliate manager whether the postback is approved.
- 2.the conversion event reports: This screen allows you to look at all the events going through the platform.
- 1.Select event type - Outboundclick & integration - Unknown All Events displayed are the outbound clicks that were not AutoTag with the
click_idparameter. 👉 Follow the onscreen guidelines to fix the links.