Bing Ads server to server tracking
Learn how to enable the new bing server to server tracking method so you can track your affiliate conversions directly in your bing campaigns.
Bing Ads (formerly Microsoft adCenter and MSN adCenter) is a service that provides pay per click advertising on both the Bing and Yahoo! search engines. As of June 2015, Bing Ads has 33% market share in the United States. (DataNize - Zoominfo)
Once you integrate AnyTrack with your Bing Ads account, you will be able to fully attribute all conversions to your Bing Ads campaigns, build audiences according to conversion events and measure your exact ROAS.
Good to Know: A Postback URL, also known as a server to server pixel is a kind of URL that enables ad tracking servers to send conversion data to ad platforms without relying on browser loading tracking pixels. You can learn more about postback URLs here.
Bing does not provide a postback URL as their tracking pixel only supports client side tracking loading from the visitor's browser.
Retargeting audiences are being filled from all traffic tracked through your property, not only the traffic originating from your Bing campaigns.
- 1.Navigate to the Tracking Pixels screen and connect with Bing.
- 2.Add the UET Tag ID
- 3.Enable Server-Side events
- 4.Map the AnyTrack events to the conversion Events you want to see in Bing (useful if you already track some events).
- 1.Navigate to the Conversion Tracking tab > Conversion Goals
- 2.Create a conversion Goal
- 3.Add a Name, select Event, and click Next
- 4.Now follow the steps in the illustration
- 1.Custom Event: Copy / Paste the Event Name from AnyTrack to the Action Field in Bing
- 3.Scope: Select the Ad account
- 4.Revenue Value: Select the option that suits your needs (for Outbound clicks, it's usually 0, but feel free to pick a value).
- 5.Count: Select count All conversions (recommended for lead, CompleteRegistration and Purchase since a visitor might trigger several conversions).
- 6.Conversion Window: Select the conversion window - (we recommend 90 days in order to get as much value in the campaign). Yet, this setting might not be suitable for every goal or campaign.
- 7.Select the Tag you want to associate with this conversion goal.
Configure conversion goal settings in Bing.
You do not need to add the custom event tracking code as AnyTrack will load it in the background.
Repeat the same process for each conversion goal.
Creating remarketing list is very similar as creating a conversion goal.
- 1.Open the Shared Library section > Select Audiences
- 2.Create a new remarketing list
- 3.Name your remarketing list
- 4.Select Custom Events
- 5.In Event Action, add the conversion name as it appears in AnyTrack
Repeat that process for each conversion goal
To guarantee that traffic and conversion data is properly tagged and attributed, there are a couple of settings to go through.
👉 Navigate to your Bing Ads account > Shared Library > Account Level Options
- 1.Copy the Tracking template from your AnyTrack account
- 2.Paste it in the Tracking template field.
- 3.Check the auto-tagging option if it's not already checked.
Et Voila! You're done.
AnyTrack is the easiest way to track and attribute conversions from any affiliate networks to your entire marketing stack, analytics, pixels and marketing tools.